Friday, October 15, 2010

Ladies Who Are Competent

I have always preferred lady-like women. Polite, sweet, soft spoken, sexy, motherly types.

I have also always liked ladies who also knew how to be practical. Do some minor home repair, fix a leaking faucet, change a flat tire on their car, or maybe ride a motorcycle or a Vespa scooter.

As civility dwindles and society continues to degrade, knowing some form of self defense becomes increasingly important. Maybe karate, biting, and fingers in the eyeball sockets; but also being familiar with safe and responsible firearm use.

My Dad taught me to shoot as a young boy. I have owned a collection of firearms my entire life, but I have only shot and killed one living thing in the last 60 years. A rabbit, back when I was about 12 years old. I have never had the desire to intentionally kill since watching him slowly die.

But if some drugged up lunatic wants to hurt me (or if I were a woman perhaps rape me) then the small concealed firearm that I always carry with me might help. And it might not be just self defense, it might involve defending a loved on. But a gun won't do you any good at all, in fact may be worse than nothing, if you are not trained in advance. I heartily encourage all ladies to get some training in safe gun use.

Just like learning to drive a car or motorcycle: It probably is not a good idea to have your hubby be your teacher. Assuming of course that you do desire to remain married. Go to take a professional course designed specifically for ladies at the local gun range.

-
-
-
-
-
-