Monday, September 21, 2009

Improving Health Care in America

I just called my local congressman’s office and also the White House in Washington, D.C. at (202) 456-1111 -- I was not able to talk to a human being at either place, so I had to leave a voice mail recorded message for each.

I told them that I had worked in the primary and general election campaigns for President Obama, that I have been a life long Democrat, and a long time supporter of Universal Health Care in America.

But if what it comes down to is forcing poor people to buy private health insurance (i.e., no public option), and then fining these poor people through the IRS if they cannot afford to buy this private health insurance, then the health care plan should simply be shelved.

Obama should veto any health care reform that looks like this. Honestly.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-