Sunday, September 03, 2006

Fuel Economy

-
-
I checked the Fiat's gas mileage again today. On this tank I got 42.5 mpg. American.
-
The British gallon is different than the American. And the other Europeans think metric: liters and kilometers.
- -
For my Dutch friends this is 5,5 liters per 100 kilometers, and for you other Europeans this is 18,1 kilometers per liter.

You know, when the European union can't even agree on a way to describe fuel economy, and after all these years they still don't even have a common plug for household electricity, this sure isn't my idea of unification.
-
This gas mileage in the old Fiat is not as good as what I used to get on the Toyota Prius, but I think it is really quite respectable for a 15 year old throw-away car that is worth about $250-.

I checked the Vespa too, and on its most recent tank of gas I got 91.8 mpg.

I

-