Sunday, November 07, 2010

Sagrada Familia - Barcelona, Spain



The Pope has been visiting Spain, and among other things he has finally opened (consecrated) the famous church begun by the Spanish architect Antonio Gaudi in 1882 in Barcelona.
-
-
It still is not nearly completed, but enough work has been done that they are going to begin holding church services there.
-
-
I looked through my archive photos this morning of Barcelona. I had many pictures, and I found three of the Sagrada Familia that I thought might be worth using; but for various different reasons each was fairly poor. Two of them had the problem associated with many architectural photos, where the building appears to be be leaning over significantly. After I used my photo software to improve them, I made composites showing the original photo and what I was able to do with it using the computer. These pictures were taken with a Nikon 3500 digital point and shoot camera and were modified using Photoshop Elements 8.

If you click on the pictures they will enlarge.

-
-
-

LINK TO WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia






-