Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Panasonic Microwave Oven

My microwave died last night.

It was the very first microwave I ever owned. A full size, very powerful unit. It had been a part of my life for around 30 years. When I moved to South Louisiana it came along. Then I moved to Europe, and I brought it with me. It worked fine on 50 hz electricity, just a bit weaker.

Then after 15 years in Europe when I moved back to America it came along. It was happy to be fed 60 hz current and got strong again. That was 3 years ago.

So we have travelled a long way together.

Since I have a smaller, weaker backup unit sitting on the counter in my kitchen there is not a tremdous urgency about replacing it. These things weigh about 30 lbs. Rather than buying one at Target or Wal-Mart today, having to put it in my cart, put it in the car, etc., I just ordered one from Amazon. No sales tax, free shipping, their price was marked down $50, and it will be delivered right to my front door.

I decided on another Panasonic full size, powerful unit. The old one served me well for many years. It seems like when I bought the first one it cost a lot of money. Now it is not that I am more wealthy, but prices on microwave ovens have actually been deflationary over the years.

-
-
-
-
-
-