Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bookmarks

-------------------------- If you click on an image it will enlarge.


I've had a lot of bookmarks over the years, but at the moment these are my favorites.


I bought the Bronze Bear and Charlemagne's Tomb from some nuns who were holding a sort of rummage sale in the annex to the Treasury of Charlemagne's magnificent 1,200 year old Cathedral in Aachen, Germany. Both are printed on thin aluminum.


The real bear is to your right as you come into the cathedral. I guess it is about 3 or 4 feet tall and allegedly dates to the Roman era, almost 2,000 years ago. In Germany they call Charlemagne "Karl The Great." His throne is on the second floor, looking down at the people in the church.








I got the now well worn Clan MacGregor bookmark on one of my trips to Scotland. We have distant ancestors who were a part of Clan MacGregor.


The You Are Here came with a used book which I purchased from a bookstore in New York City.








-




--




-




-




-




-




-