Sunday, October 17, 2010

Poll: Many Obama 2008 supporters defecting to GOP

In today's news the AP reports on a poll which suggests that MANY Obama supporters are defecting to the GOP. I don't buy it.

I do think that many Obama supporters are disgusted. Disgusted in his personal weakness as a leader, and disgusted at how watered down all his legislation has been. But I doubt that they will actually make the vast move over to the ignorant right wing.

I think the most realistic concern is that many Obama supporters will just sit the election out now that the thrill is gone. This will give the Republicans the opportunity to achieve big gains. I am still going to vote, just so I can vote against the tea party and the Republicans. But this isn't because I like or admire the Democrats.

-
-
-
-