Monday, October 11, 2010

Arzerra

My path through the chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) disease is letting nature take her course. Yes, I am eating healthy, don't smoke or drink, etc., but nothing like chemotherapy or any of the other “therapies” which are normal.

My friend Betty also has CLL but she has taken the other road, being treated by virtually all of the standard drugs as well as trying new and unapproved drugs through trials. She just finished her 12th and last round of Arzerra.

Some days (especially the nights) are so bad for me that I have even considered taking my own life.

From her latest Facebook report it looks like getting the treatments may well be just as bad. She reports, “feeling positively crappy...chills, fever, delirium, fatigue, sleeping long hours in a daze, just plane punky. Plus my walking is getting worse all the time.”

If anyone tells you how lucky you are to have CLL, just punch them squarely in the nose.

-__-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-