Friday, September 03, 2010

Motorized Geezer Scooter

Now that the leukemia has reached the advanced stage my platelets are low and so is my hemoglobin. I am very anemic. So I have almost zero strength or stamina. If I walk more than about 20 feet (6 meters) I get light headed and have to stop and rest for a moment.

My little doggie has been very empathic and accepting of this, but at heart he is an athlete and just loves to run. So earlier this week I broke down and bought myself a geezer scooter. It supposedly can go 15 – 20 miles (24km - 32km) on one battery charge, and if I wanted to it would go fairly fast.

I put the long lead on my doggie, and we take scooter-walks together. Its real nice for both of us.

After we got home from this morning's walk, I installed a spare Garmin GPS that was just sitting around on the geezer-scooter.

LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Victory-10-4-Wheel-Scooter/

-
-
-
-
-
-