Sunday, August 22, 2010

Van Gogh Theft

And the winners of the absolute dumb ass of the year award are hands down the Egyptians.

This same Vincent Van Gogh painting had been stolen before; from this very same museum. Yet only 7 out of 43 security cameras were working and none of the alarms were working. And they had been out of order for some time. The words slow learners doesn't do this situation justice.

So the Egyptians catch two Italians at the airport trying to leave the country with the Van Gogh painting. These Italians apparently are actually under arrest. But now it seems that maybe the painting has gone missing again.

And these are the same people who built the sphinx and the pyramids? My Oh My, something terrible has happened here. I won't suggest this is a genetic problem, so it must be somehow related to the Egyptian culture. I cannot honestly say I was very impressed with the Egyptians when I visited there many years ago. Horrible poverty and discrimination, and the rich can get just about anything they want.

-
-
-
-
-