Saturday, August 07, 2010

James Bond


During the late 1960's I think I read all of the Ian Fleming James Bond books.

Such a wonderful combination. The good guy wins in the end, but only after great exertion, a couple of grueling physical fights, and along he way he meets and charms at least one really beautiful, nice young lady. Of course they drink the finest of alcohol and eat the best food, then have wonderful sex. The bad guys are normally out to get him, and he usually has to kill a few of them, in self defense.

At that time I was at the beginning of things. Just about to finish college and begin my first real career.

Now forty years later I have finished the working part of my life. I've traveled a good bit, have lived abroad twice, and for the most part had a wonderful career.

I have been battling leukemia for eight years now, and it is now beginning to have a major impact on my life. I'm sure that I'm nearing the end of the journey; maybe months, maybe a few years. But I will not live to 80 or 90, that is clear.

I just finished watching the final James Bond movie. They have made twenty two of them so far. It has been a very nice journey.

-
-
-

-
-
-