Wednesday, August 04, 2010

The Internet Is So Useful

I got an email this morning from Amazon telling me that the Russell Brand movie Get Him To The Greek is now available for pre-order. They give a price guarantee, so if the price goes down (likely) before the DVD is actually released, I will pay the lower price.

Their asking price for this DVD right now is $24.49 so I needed to add something else to the order so as to get the $25 free shipping. I found a pack of BIC pens for about a dollar. This whole process works great. The price for the DVD will almost certainly decline, but since my original order was for more than $25 I will still get free shipping.

I could vaguely remember hearing about this moving, but that is all. I like Russell Brand, but I thought I remembered some really bad reviews. So I Googled it. I found a review by of all people the Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman, who I like and respect. After reading his review I went ahead and pre-ordered the DVD. It all took me about 5 minutes...the longest time being taken looking for something really cheap to add to the order to get me free shipment.

This is the internet working as intended!

-




-
-