Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fecal Incontinence

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) is not curable. It is a blood cancer where unusable white blood cells refuse to die and begin to grow and grow and grow. They eventually begin to crowd out the red blood cells and hemoglobin which carry oxygen to all the body's tissues (like the leg muscles, the heart, and the brain), the platelets which are rather useful in clotting, and all the various types of blood cells which help fight disease. So the CLL patient gradually becomes highly immunodeficient.

I am now well into this late stage process where the platelets and hemoglobin decrease well below normal ranges.

This afternoon I thought I let a really good fart. A bit later I realized that in fact I had shat myself. How humiliating. Thank heavens I was at home at the time, and no one other than me or my little doggie were aware it or saw me in the mortifying act of washing out my underwear.

This leukemia situation is getting rather tiresome.

-
-
-
-
-
-