Thursday, March 18, 2010

When Bad Things Happen To Sleazy People

Probably the best internet online discussion groups which responsibly specialize in the Toyota Prius are on Yahoo Groups.

There currently is a rather free thinking discussion going on regarding the real estate salesman who the discussion group members have named "San Diego Jim." There has been quite a bit of speculation that San Diego Jim's older model Prius did not accidentally accelerate purely on it's own as he described it. Large portions of his story just don't fully add up.

This 3d generation Prius is the second one I have owned. When I was living in Europe I had a 2d generation Prius. The silver grey one parked above the Rhine River in Germany was mine. They both are nice cars. The Prius gets good fuel economy, they have good air conditioners, a nice ride, and fine sound systems.
-
Earlier this week I received the recall notice from Toyota saying that I needed to take my 2010 Prius in to a Toyota dealer to have the anti-lock brake software updated. I made an appointment, and later today I'll be at their mercy. Fingers solidly crossed.
-

UPDATE LATER: I took my 2010 Prius to Dick Poe Toyota in El Paso, Texas even though I didn't originally buy it there. The dealer was super nice, professional, and prompt. First Class. I really have nothing but praise for their staff and their service.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.