Friday, March 26, 2010

The Lost Tomb of Jesus

In 2007 the James Cameron movie called The Lost Tomb of Jesus came out. It describes how in 1980 a bulldozer near Jerusalem which was working on a construction project accidentally discovered a first century tomb.

The evidence highly suggests that the bones of Jesus of Nazareth, Mary Magdalene, the Virgin Mary, and members of Jesus' direct family were buried in this tomb. Maybe even the son that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had.

This movie seems to be an unbiased and professional view of the discovery. This is also that same movie that caused Glenn Beck to so thoroughly criticize James Cameron. Although I no longer consider myself to be a Christian, I was raised as one, and was baptized and confirmed in the Episcopal church. In the 1970's I traveled widely in Israel. I have no faith in the miracles and all the hocus pocus of the Christian religion, but I do recognize its tremendous historical importance. As an educated person one must hold an interest in the history of the Christian church.

I recommend this documentary movie highly.


LINK: http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tomb/tomb.html


.
.
.
.
.
.
.