Thursday, February 18, 2010

Free Video Phone Calls - Honest

Most lap top computers come with a built in web cam nowadays. With a web cam and a free Wi-Fi internet connection one can make unlimited duration two-way video phone calls free of charge using Skype.

If you haven't experienced this yet go to http://www.skype.com/ and download their free software. It downloads and installs quickly. I didn't experience any problems or complications on any of my toys which run Windows XP, Vista, Seven, or on either of my two smart cell phones. They all download and run Skype just fine.

Yesterday I had one of my laps tops call the other one. Both were even operating on the same Wi-Fi connection (wireless local area network) that I've got at my house. Its a real hoot! And it is totally free as long as both computers are using Wi-Fi.

If you wish you can also sign up for various pay services with Skype where you can call landlines and cell phone numbers, send SMS text messages, etc. I don't have any experience with this part. Since I'm a retired old geezer getting by on a minimal income, I only tried the free option, but it works great.

-
-
-
-
-
-