Friday, December 11, 2009

Movie Theaters Suck

The DVDs Terminator Salvation and Angels and Demons arrived yesterday. This afternoon I’ve been watching Angels and Demons. I got an email from Amazon that the latest Harry Potter movie has been released on DVD and has been shipped, so it will arrive any day now.

The most recent time I went to a movie in a theater I was in Dublin. Before that I was in London. It has now been almost three years since I have moved back to America, and I haven’t stepped inside of a movie theater once.

I have a difficult time seeing why anyone would want to pay an outrageous ticket price to go into a theater to watch a movie. Movie theaters are where the person behind you lightly kicks the back of your chair throughout the movie, babies cry, people cough and sniffle all around you, and rude jerks talk and text on their cell phones. It looks like a pretty good imitation of masochism to me.

Of course I guess for many people this is the only option. But if you have a nice large screen TV with a Dolby 5.1 DVD, watching the movie in the comfort of your own home is a vastly superior experience. Plus if you need to pee you just press the pause button. If you want subtitles you press another button.

Yes, sometimes you have to wait several months before the DVD comes out…that is OK. It is well worth the wait.

-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
--
-
-
-
-