Sunday, December 13, 2009

Angels and Demons



Dan Brown's book Angels and Demons came out in 2000. It preceded his book The Da Vinci Code which came out in 2003. I read the book Angels and Demons not long after it was published, so I guess it was about 9 years ago. I think I bought my copy in one of the bookstores in the Amsterdam airport. Then several years later I listened to the book again on Audio DVD while I was driving around Europe.

The movie of Angels and Demons just came out in May 2009 and the DVD was issued about two weeks ago. I finished watching it last night. I had the strangest sense of déjà vu while I was watching this movie. I kept feeling like I had seen the movie previously. At one point I actually paused the DVD and checked on the internet to verify that it had just been released. I guess it is because the movie does such a good job of putting the book to film.

Most of the action in this book takes place in Rome, Italy and in the Vatican. Perhaps the reason this all felt so comfortable is because I have spent some time in Rome and also at the Vatican. The Vatican museums are among the world's very best, and visiting the Sistine chapel is certainly among the top experiences one can have.

When I was living in Europe I drove down to Rome in my Prius. I spent several days there visiting all the amazing old stuff. Rome is like Paris or London. You would need to visit it many times in order to just hit the highlights.

I give this DVD my very highest praise. It is fantastic.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-