Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Old Geezers

I find that with age, experience, and maturity my judgement is normally vastly superior to that of most young men. My body may have less stamina than it did before, but I more than make up for it thanks to all my grey hair (and if necessary a bit of cunning).

I had the most wonderful erotic dream last night, but this is out of the ordinary. For the most part I am no longer afflicted with the terrible mental illness brought on by romantic love, or the ethical and thought anesthetizing desire to procreate with an attractive young lady.

The older I get the more I stop to enjoy a beautiful sunset or “smell the roses.” I also am getting much more outspoken and grumpy. It has made me more thin-skinned, and at the same time far more hard-nosed.

As a younger man I considered myself to almost be a pacifist. Compromise, finding the middle ground, some might even have called it appeasement or spinelessness. Now just try screwing with me. Go ahead; Make my day punk. If you threaten me with physical harm you need to be aware that I always carry a concealed handgun. I will use it too. If you threaten me with a knife or a gun you better just kiss your ass goodbye.

All things considered I really prefer this advanced age to the incompetence and all the insecurities of youth.
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
--