Thursday, September 10, 2009

Juarez

In the first nine days of September there have been 100 drug killings in Juarez, Mexico which is directly across the border from El Paso, Texas. Without any question Juarez is now the most dangerous city in the world (which is not at war).

Has Mexico’s corruption and ever-present bribery of government officials finally turned it into a failed state? The answer seems obvious to me.

I have a great affinity for Mexico. I speak their language, and I have travelled over much of their country. 99.9% of the people who come to America from Mexico are decent, hard working people who just want to improve themselves and the lives of their families.

Their acceptance of the corruption by most government workers in Mexico, and the country’s lack of a real embrace of the concept of rule-of-law is gradually destroying the country of Mexico.

I am neither a red neck, nor a racist nor a right winger Republican. But I can certainly understand why some Americans do not want this dishonest Mexican culture to be imported into this country.
-
-
-
--
-
--
-
-
-
--
-