Monday, June 29, 2009

Heat Wave in Britain


I was reading a news article out of London, England saying that almost certainly a heat wave would be declared tomorrow. The high today there was 86 degrees F.

On my desktop I have weather bugs for El Paso, Venice Italy, and San Antonio, Texas. I see that right now a 6:12 p.m. in the evening it is 102 degrees F there in San Antonio. Click on the picture and it will enlarge.

It is tempting to say that the British are a bunch of wimps or wussies. Granted, not everyone in the UK has air conditioning. But they better realize what is up. I bought an air conditioner when I was living in Holland, and I was really glad that I did. When I first got there people kiddingly gave me a hard time because I had a good air conditioner in my car. But 15 years later most new cars were sold with an air conditioner.

-
-
-
-
--
-
-
--
-
-
-
-