Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Downside of All The Newspapers Going Belly Up

For the last 15 years before I retired I worked as the General Manager of the European Division of a multinational food processing company. When I retired I chose to move back to America.

A good friend and close colleague of mine retired shortly after I did. He chose to remain in Europe. He maintains houses in both Amsterdam and Venice.

This morning I emailed him a link to the following blog entry where I spout my pearls of wisdom regarding the Obama administration’s approach to financial reform. I just got the following response from him:

“I will have to open this when I get back to Venice. I am in the Paris airport lounge and they block blogs. This is the big downside to newspapers closing down. governments everywhere can shut down broad band and block and censor content at their will for both phones and email.”

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-