Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stephen Fry In America


Anyone who is a fan of Stephen Fry will absolutely love his DVDs entitled Stephen Fry in America. In this TV series, which was first broadcast on the BBC in the UK, Stephen travels through all fifty states in America. He goes from New England, down South, to Florida, and then all the way up the Mississippi to the frozen North. On and on through all 50 states.

In England he drives a London taxi cab to maintain some anonymity, so that is what he uses in this BBC series to drive all over America. This particular London cab was hired in America, but it is still neat.

In May 2009 the two-DVD set is already being sold in England, but unfortunately it is not playable on an American format DVD player. The American format DVDs are now available for pre-order on Amazon.com and will be shipped on September 1, 2009. Since I lived in Europe for so many years I have a lot of European format DVDs, and I also own a couple of European type DVD players that I can watch this on. I bought my copy from Amazon.co.UK which they promptly shipped to me here in America.

I have been a fan of Stephen Fry’s since the Jeeves and Wooster days, then Fry & Laurie. Kingdom was absolutely superb. I still miss seeing more of Kingdom.

This may be his best so far. Really. “Best” or most enjoyable is a value judgement, but for any fan of Stephen Fry I can assure you, you will treasure this series called Stephen Fry in America.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--