Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You Say You Want A Revolution?

Sir Paul McCartney was on the ABC television show called the View this morning. Thank heavens that my niece called me to alert me. I don’t normally watch the View. Barbara Walters makes me want to vomit. On the other hand if Whoopi Goldberg (Caryn Elaine Johnson) had been running against Obama it would have been a real hard call for me. I think Guinen could run for President of the Universe and win easily.

If you didn’t get to see Macca on TV this morning check YouTube because it was wonderful.

I am a real fan of Sir Paul. I guess he is about the only celebrity where I am sort of a groupie. I own two different original signatures of him, one with him signing solo, and the other includes Linda, Denny Lane and all the other members of Wings.

On July 19, 1972, not long after the Beatles had broken up, I rode my bicycle 20 miles (each way) to see him and Linda perform in a small club in Germany. I was new to Germany, didn’t speak the language, and didn’t even know how to ride the trams and buses. And this certainly was many years before GPSes.

-
Linda was wonderful and beautifulhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06kohfV1v1I&feature=related

So, you say you want a revolution, huh?

Well, lets give Mr. Obama a chance first. Kind of like "Give Peace A Chance" but now it has changed to "Just Give Barack A Chance."

But if the system totally kicks Obama’s ass and neutralizes him, then certainly I think it will be about time to think about taking some kind of more extreme action. The big problem with revolutions is, many times they begin with ethical leaders and worthwhile goals. But there is no telling what will come out the other end. Sometimes things work out fine, but many times all the power corrupts and you end up with a Dictatorship.

-
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT4MPMjRwIU
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-