Sunday, January 18, 2009

The World Is Getting Smaller

The world is getting smaller all the time. Instantaneous communication to the other side of the globe is now almost ho hum.
-
Late yestereday I removed the old counter from this blog and changed it to one which records what country each visitor is from. Don't ask me how it knows. Cookies? Couldn't say. But I know that when I log onto the BBC from a location in America, it knows that I am not in the UK and it won't allow me to view certain videos!
--
One thing is certain. Communication by e-mail is not the least bit private. And it is 100% permanent. No matter how hard you try to delete a message you have sent, once you click the SEND button you may as well have published it in the classified ads of the local newspaper.
-
This is what the counter looks like right now. If you scroll down a bit, on the left hand side you will see the latest results. Twenty four hours after installing this counter I see that people in 27 countries around the world have already visited my humble blog.
-
I would like to extend a most sincere welcome to all yof ou citizens of the world!! Please come back.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-