Friday, January 30, 2009

Health Care in America

Even when the economy was booming along in its various Republican party “bubbles” many millions of Americans had no health insurance and no access to health care. Now the George Bush Jr. recession is causing more and more large layoffs, which will bring even more people into the ranks of the uninsured.

Now is the time President Obama. Lets get moving on this Mr. President, please.

----------------- please...
-
-
The leukemia and lymphoma that I have is not curable, so the fact that I am uninsurable and don’t have access to health care is only disgraceful and shameful. But many other people have diseases which could be cured if they were only covered by health insurance. And for the richest power in the world not to have universal health care coverage is nothing less than a death sentence for these people.

This is not the America that I used to believe in. It is not the America whose flag I pledged allegiance to in grade school. And it is not the America that I pledged to defend when I raised my hand at that Army recruiting office back during the Vietnam war.

As the British Prime Minister once told the American President, “Don’t get all wobbly on us Mr. President.”
-
-
LINK: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/30/opinion/30krugman.html?_r=1&em

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-