Saturday, June 07, 2008

New Horse In The Stable

-
My wheeled vehicles include a really light alloy folding bicycle that I bought in Germany, another folding bicycle powered by a 33cc two cycle engine, a 250cc Honda scooter, and a Toyota Crayola.
-
In Europe I had a 50cc ATV which had license plates and was road legal. A 50cc machine was plenty big enough to haul a big boy like me around in the mud or sand.
-
Here in America you can only use these four wheelers off-road. As it turns out, I live less than one kilometer from thousands of square kilometers of desert, which is one ideal place to drive these four wheelers.
-
At the Socorro, Texas flea market today I met a couple of young men who are selling Chinese made ATVs, and are willing to accept a very reasonable markup. We came to terms, so I bought a nice little brand new 110cc ATV still in its original packaging. Even as weak as the Bush Dollar is in the international currency exchange market, I paid these young men less than half of what I paid for the 50cc machine that I bought four years ago in Kerkrade, Holland.
-
I plan to modify the one-motorcycle trailer which I built to haul behind the Toyota, so that it will also carry this ATV. This new ATV already has nice big racks mounted on it front and rear, so I probably will try adding a doggie carrier to one of these to see if I can get my little black doggie Inu to ride with me.
-
-
-
--
-
-
---