Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Europe To Ban Incadescent Bulbs

-

According to Der Speigel, the European Union is planning to implement a phase-out of energy-wasting, climate-killing incandescent lightbulbs, starting next year. They will be replaced by energy-saving compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which last 10 times longer.

So... On some things Europe is well ahead of America.
-
After waiting a few days I've decided to change this. Americans are so insecure. We have really taken the bait about The American Way being the world's best. We have so internalized this propaganda that we can't see reality any more. The truth is that Europe is far ahead of America on a great many things and issues. Honest. The freeways are better in Germany, the cellphone network is vastly superior, the satellite TV system is much better and consumer friendly, and the health care system is so much better it is like night and day. Honest, I have leukemia, so I know the European health care system very well. I have first hand personal experience. And here in America I am uninsurable and uninsured.
-
I love America. I served honorably in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam war. And after living in Europe for 20 years as a civilian I retired back to America. So don't give me that Love It Or Leave it shit. But honestly, we could learn a lot from the rest of the world if we would just open our eyes, our ears, and our minds.

-

LINK: http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,560410,00.html

-

-

--

-

-

-