Sunday, February 10, 2008

Microsoft

-
About 60 days ago disc defragmenter in Windows Vista stopped working. Not long afterwards I discovered that it would no longer do Windows Update either.

I was getting an error code. So I went to the Microsoft web site intended to help with problems like this. The error code wasn’t listed there, and when I searched for this particular error code all I found was other Windows users like myself who had the same problem.

Today finally I Goggled this error code, rather than looking on the Microsoft site. I found a thread that had a conversation about how to solve this problem.

I tried doing what the guy said and it worked perfectly.

Here is the funny part. In the conversation was a response from a guy who said, “My name is XXXXXXX and I am a service engineer working for Microsoft. I tried what you suggested and it worked. Thank you very much.”

------------------------ Duh….

This is why Microsoft should not be allowed to buy Yahoo. They are a company that is out of control. The only thing that keeps them profitable is their monopoly on operating systems.