Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nikon




I love the song by Paul Simon about his Nikon and kodachrome film. "When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, its a wonder I can think at all."


-


You can be sure that Mr. Simon is now 100% digital. The same album has the wonderful song about the Belgian painter Rene' Magritte, his elegant and beautiful wife Georgette, and their dog after the war. They danced by the light of the moon.


-


My new Nikor lens came in by UPS yesterday, so first thing in the evening I got to try it out on the moon rise. Technically it is a 55 - 200 mm lens, but this is the equivalent in 35 mm film photography of a 300 mm lens. It has the vibration reduction feature built into it.


-


A fellow traveller brought to my attention the Mexican photographer Alf Mendoza. He lives in Colima, Mexico. His website has a great motto:




-


---------- Ver lo que todos… y captar lo que nadie

----------------- See what everyone sees… and capture what nobody else can


-


-


-


-


-


-