Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ku Klux Clan

-
I had one great great grandfather who was a leader in the local Ku Klux Klan group. In our family bible there is a letter describing what he was doing as a wonderful and Christian act.
-
Fortunately on the other side of the family I had ancestors who were running one of the stations in the underground railroad helping slaves escape the South to freedom in the North.
-
America was built by immigrants. And not just in the 19th century either.
-
This article describes how the Border Patrol (known locally as la Pinchi Migra) wants to approach the "illegal immigration" situation. http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/25/america/NA-GEN-US-Immigration-Zero-Tolerance.php
-
This is so surreal that I feel like I'm seeing a Salvador Dali' painting. Or watching Clockwork Orange. To me the approach the Republicans are taking seems straight out of the how-to manual by the Ku Klux Klan.
-
-