Sunday, June 03, 2007

Leon C. Metz


Leon C. Metz is an author and historian who lives in El Paso, Texas USA. He has written many books including ones about Billy The Kid, John Wesley Hardin, and Pat Garrett.

Leon Metz was born November 6th, 1930, in Parkersburg, West Virginia. This makes him almost 20 years older than me.

I feel very honored to have met him today. I got to talk one-on-one with him before he gave his presentation to the Concordia Cemetery group on the Mexican Revolution. I am a life member of this group.

Leon Metz is warm and charming. I would have to say that his body looks younger than mine does, and after talking with him and hearing his public speech, I think his brain works at least as good as mine. He is a great speaker.

I found his presentation today especially interesting because in part it dealt with Pancho Villa. As a young child my grandmother played a major part in raising me. And she was living in Columbus, New Mexico USA when Pancho Villa and his men attacked the town. So I have heard the tales of this raid many times; first hand.

After his formal presentation there was time for questions from the audience. One of the people who asked him a question was a lady who is one of the granddaughters of Pancho Villa.