Sunday, April 15, 2007

Shiba Inu









I have done a brain meld or sort of bonded with a friend's dog.
-
My friend and I graduated from Stephen F. Austin High School in the same 1966 graduating class. We were later roomates at UTEP. He got a degree in philosophy and mine is in political science. We have both seen a bit of the world since then, and have made a little money in the business world. Over the years somehow we have managed to stay in touch.
-=
The dog has taken a real liking to me. So my friend offered to give me the dog. Incredible!
-
He is a two year old male (already fixed) that originally came out of a dog rescue shelter. He is smart as hell, learns quick, and is really affectionate. But he demands a lot of attention from his human. Clearly a one-person dog.
-
He is a mix from a Japanese breed of dog named a Shiba Inu. He has gone by the name Frodo in the past, but most of his life he has been called Inu. So that is what I am calling him. He slept in bed with me last night. This morning we got up and went for a good walk out in the desert. He got to chase a lizard and feel like a genuine wild predator for a while.

-

Dignity plus refinement born of the knowledge of superiority.

-
-
Nice guy. I think he is going to be a very positive addition to my life.
-