Friday, October 06, 2006

Vitruvian Man


(click on the images and they will enlarge)


I went over to the supermarket this evening to buy some tortillas, milk, grapes, and other essentials like organic eggs, whole wheat bread, TP, frozen brocolli, French cheese, and peanut butter.
-
I got out a one Euro coin out of my jeans pocket to put in the shopping basket, and I happened to notice that this was the version minted in Italy, so it had the Vitruvian Man on the back side.
-
I guess the Dan Brown Da Vinci freaks take this as clear proof that the descendants of Jesus of Nazareth and Mary Magdalene are still in hidden and conspiratorial, but very powerful positions.

Along with the Knights Templar, the Illuminati, the Priory of Sion and Opeus Dei. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not putting these folks down. I enjoy the hunt too. I just don't take it terribly seriously.
-
Acutually I’m a little bit of a closet Dan Brown groupie myself.
-
I have searched for Davinci Code clues at the Church of Saint Sulpice in Paris, and in the Louvre I've seen the inverted pyramid and the Mona Lisa.
-
I’ve also searched out and found the Arago-Rose line which marks where the prime meridian which used to run through Paris before Napoleon's arrogance put an end to that.
-
At Glastonbury I wandered around the Abbey, climbed up to the tower, slept in the same bed that David Bowie had previously, and I learned about their version of quest for the Holy Grail.
-
I’ve also been to Zurich, Normandy, Westminster Abbey in London, and The Vatican all of which are in the book. And I've been to an excellent exhibition of original Leonard da Vinci drawings in the Queen's Gallery of Buckingham Palace.
-
And of course the Knights Templar church in London and the amazing Rosslyn chapel just south of Edinburg, Scotland.
-
-
-





-






Rosslyn Chapel Link: http://tinyurl.com/n4q55
-






-