Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Old To Do List

-
Four years ago over a period of several months I developed a chest pain that got worse and worse. I remember being at the Eifel Tower in Paris that fall and being in a great deal of pain. Eventually it got so bad that in December 2002 I had to ask a friend to drive me to the hospital. The doctors there found that I had a really bad case of pneumonia, an infection inside of my lungs. They wanted to put me in the hospital immediately administering antibiotics intravenously. I told them that if I really was THAT SICK that I intended to sleep in my own bed rather than being in a hospital. They weren’t particularly happy with this but I really didn’t give them any other option.
-
They took all sorts of blood tests, and when I came back to see them again in a few days (together with my friend Jean in case of language or communication problems) the doctors informed me that I not only had a bad case of pneumonia, but that I also had a form of cancer of the blood called Chronic Leukemia. They told me that chemotherapy might be necessary.
-
Today I was cleaning the house and throwing things away. I came across the piece of paper that I had in my pocket that day. It was my todo list. I remember quite well writing down some notes on the back of it there in the doctor’s office so that I would remember what he said correctly.
-
(click on the picture and it will enlarge)
-