Friday, January 18, 2008

Hal Marcus Gallery




--------------- (click on the pictures and they will enlarge)



The store of the Hal Marcus Gallery is closing. Today and again tomorrow (Saturday January 19) they are having a clearance sale.


This is an end of an era for sure.


-


And this sale is an amazing event. Today while I was in the gallery three different customers bought paintings done by Hector Bernal. He is one of my favorite artists of all time. Even though I already have purchased three of his paintings I had to get one more. This one is called "Lady By The Lake."


"-

I also met Candy Mayer there. She is an outstanding painter, and I have admired her work for some time. Her website is: http://www.candymayer.com/



She had a nice painting that she had done back when she was living in Iowa, before she moved to El Paso. This painting is called "Guardian At The Gate." It is of some old buildings at a site dedicated to the Knights Templar. We had a good discussion regarding the terracotta roof tiles, which many people consider Mexican or Spanish Tiles. They actually date back to the time of the Roman Empire.




One of these pictures is of some of the 2,000 year old Roman roof tiles in my collection, which came from a Roman Villa. The other picture is one I took of some intact Roman roof tiles at Pompei, Italy.
-
-
LINK: http://hpgarland.blogspot.com/2008/01/hector-bernal.html
-
-
-
-




-





-





-





-