Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Get Over It Mexican Americans

I lived in The Netherlands for 15 years while I was employed as the General Manager of the European Division of the company I worked for. I was not a Dutch citizen. But I was a legal resident alien, I carried a green card, and every year or so I would have to meet with the arrogant jerks from the alien police so that they were certain of where I lived, that I still had a job, and that I still had private health insurance.

For 15 years I carried my green card (it really was green, had my picture, my approval to work, and a hologram), my American passport, my Dutch driver's license, and proof of car insurance with me whenever I went out. Providing identification is just a part of normal life. Anybody who is afraid to carry ID is probably a criminal or is hiding something.

Get over it Mexican Americans, other immigrants, and all you red neck government haters. This is not racial profiling. It is wanton disrespect for the rule-of-law by all the people who sneak into America undocumented/illegally. The citizens who try to verify that laws are properly obeyed have a tough time of it; we should try to respect them.

-
-
-
-
-
-