Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Very Best Camera

Although I currently own several Nikon SLR and DSLR cameras and lenses, over the years I have been enamored with various other makes of cameras including several Olympus SLR and DSLR cameras, and Sony point and shoot cameras.

My heavy lifter at the moment is a Nikon D300s DSLR. I use it when I need multiple strobes, very high resolution, or excellent low light sensitivity. But it does have one problem – it is heavy and cumbersome to lug about.

I have done a bit of traveling in Europe, north Africa, and the mid-east. I virtually never bring along an SLR or DSLR camera. A good quality point and shoot camera which will comfortably fit in your shirt pocket is the one you want when you travel.

Now that I have a smart cell phone with a built in GPS and which already contains pre-loaded maps for all of America, and which will encode the photograph EXIF data with your GPS location and elevation information, I have been experimenting with using this cell phone camera for all the surprise candid shots I typically see when I am out and about.
-
Click on this picture so as to enlarge it. I took it with my 3.2 mp cell phone camera.

Two laws about photography that I live by:
------
---1.--Quality through Quantity.
---2.--The very best camera in the world is the one that you have with you at the moment.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-