Thursday, January 28, 2010

Energy Conservation



My current lifestyle is fine. I have no complaints.

My house is heated by natural gas and so is the hot water. My natural gas bill arrived today and I realized that even though it has been fairly cold this winter, I only used $23.18 of natural gas to both heat the house and heat hot water. Yes, I have gone out of my way to seal and insulate this house well. It has triple pane windows and I keep the thermostat set at moderate levels.

My car has a wonderful air conditioner, CD player, and it is quiet and comfortable to ride in. Yet I consistently achieve a fuel economy better than 60 miles per gallon.

It is very possible indeed to lead a good life but consume far less energy than most of us Americans do. It makes me feel conscientious too.

-
-
-
-
-
-