Saturday, May 23, 2009

Internet Crooks

Everyday one is exposed to phishing, spam, spyware, malware and various other techniques whereby wicked criminals on the internet try to steal money from you. I didn’t open this particular email, but today in my inbox I saw one that reached a new low.

The sender was Obsidian Journal. I guess that somehow these people know that I am a rock hound, and that I am indeed interested in geological things like the volcanic glass called obsidian. Maybe they know this from computer cookies.

The subject line read, “THANK YOU….... Dear Beloved in Christ, I am Mrs. Latsis Fenard, suffering from cancerous ailment. I was married…”

Do these immoral people know that I have incurable cancer, and that in the past I was married? Maybe because at some point I searched on Google and other search engines for information related to the particular type of cancer that I have.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
--
-
-
-