Thursday, July 31, 2008

TV Commercials

-
I like to watch TV in the evening after I go to bed. I prefer PBS for a lot of reasons, but especially because of the lack of commercials.
-
On Capitalist TV, the late shows by Jay Lenno and Craig Ferguson are great, as are Bones and House.
-
The audio volume is MUCH louder during the commercials. This used to be prohibited, and was regulated by the FCC. No longer; thanks to de-regulation. Or as I call it, abdication of responsibility by the government.
-
I haven't done a scientific study, but it seems to me that around 75% of all TV commercials are for prescription drugs which you are encouraged to get your doctor to write you a prescription, or for these gigantic, morbidly obese, American pig cars made in Detroit that get 10 - 15 mpg on a really good day.
-
This is indicative of the sickness in the American politicial system.
-
-
-
--
-
-