Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Credit Cards



Someone very dear to me died a few years ago, and at the time of his death he had several credit cards. All were maxed out to around $12,500- each. I only have one credit card, a Visa. I have it set up so that the full balance is automatically paid from my checking account each month.

Every few months I have received a notice from the bank that the credit limit has automatically been increased. The latest increase was to $20,000-. Nowadays when ordering over the internet, you give your credit card number, and the secret number on the back, to a great many different people. This idea has been bothering me recently.

So today I called customer service and had them reduce the credit limit to $5,000-. They tried their scare tactics on me, telling me that it I ever wanted to increase it again that they would have to make a decision based upon the circumstances at that time. I said that was fine, and I also got them to disable the automatic increases in this credit limit.
-
I feel so much better now!
-
-
-
-
-