Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Freedom of Speech

-
Yesterday I posted a blog entry in which I described how I feel about organized religion in general, and some particular religions specifically, which are very negative and destructive.
-
This morning I woke to find that there were 23,000 spam e-mails waiting for me. First time that has ever happened. I have to give my firewall and virus protection software credit because I only had to manually delete less than 20. This morning I downloaded the new virus definitions and I did a full system scan. The only thing it found was 14 tracking cookies, which I deleted.
-
Was this just a coincidence? Maybe. It really might be, or it might be an attack by some nutter religious fanatic.
-
One thing about America, with a bozo knucklehead like George W. Bush as president it is easy to focus only on the negatives and forget that we do actually have a lot of good protections built into our political system. Like the freedom of religion. The freedom to believe in one or to not believe all these outrageous and absurd stories. Fairy tale stories like a virgin having a little baby, a guy turning water into wine, or some fellow riding off to heaven on his horse launching from a big rock in Jerusalem.

Either way, as long as you are moderately polite about it, you are permitted to go whatever way you wish here in the land of the free and the brave.
-
-
-
-