Thursday, September 21, 2006

Richard Hammond



-
I used to think Jeremy Clarkson was funny. I don't anymore. I've come to the conclusion that he is both arrogant and a bit of a bully.
-
I still watch Top Gear, but I am getting more and more concerned about it.
-
The old fat man Clarkson thinks it is funny to put down Richard Hammond about his height. James May has ten times the class of the old guy. Yet he is put down constantly just because he is well educated and intelligent.
-
And encouraging improperly trained drivers to drive some piece of crap car around a track so fast that it almost overturns is just not cool. And making them feel bad if their friend did the lap faster than they did.
-
When you are a teenager you go through this phase. It is hormonal. But with maturity one outgrows this phase. At one time I drove a Corvette. But eventually I grew wise enough to drive a Toyota Prius. Doing stupid, foolhardy things hardly makes one a hero. Click on the picture at the bottom right about "Old Bold Pilots."
-
Doing something for the good of mankind can make you a hero. Or fighting evil and injustice.
-
This whole idea that it somehow makes you heroic if you drive your car or motorcycle faster than the law permits, and if you abuse the environment by driving a very fuel inefficient car, and generally act like an ignorant jerk just no longer holds water.

-
-
-

-


-