Saturday, September 02, 2006

Mineraux Brussels, Belgium

-


There was a really great mineral show today at Autoworld in Jubel Park in Brussels, Belgium.


I bought some nice fluorescent minerals. If I get ambitious over the next few days maybe I'll take pictures of some of them.


It was nice.

I saw a man and his wife from Antwerp who I know who has a fantastic collection of minerals. He has some new calcite that he is going to bring to the show in Liege in a couple of months for me.

I also spent some time talking to a friend from Afghanistan. I've visited him in his house in Belgium before. Great guy. He sold me some nice fluorescent fluoroapatite from Pakistan at basically a giveaway price.

I also bought some nice stuff out of eastern europe and Russia.


I ran into a friend from The Netherlands.

Although he sells some minerals he really specializes in neolithic stone axe heads. I've visited him at his house one time, and he has a fantastic collection.

He had a bronze Roman god figurine about 4 inches tall that was found using a metal detector near Krefeld, Germany. He was selling this for a friend of his.

It wasn't cheap but you don't see these for sale often. In fact I've never seen one for sale before.
-
I've seen them occasionally in the various museums of antiquity over here in Europe, but I have never had the chance to own a real 2,000 year old bronze figuarine of a Roman God before. Neat Oh!

Link:
http://hpgarland.blogspot.com/2006/08/brussels-belgium-mineral-show.html

-


-


-