Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Crikey Beautiful but being a little Naughty



-
I got to my doctor’s appointment today about 30 minutes early. I had my Diana Gabaldon book with me in case of delays.
-
But before going inside I decided to take a short walk.
--
The parking lot borders on a small patch of forest. I have seen this little forest from the parking lot many times, but I have never wandered inside.
-
Today I did. I was really very pleasantly surprised to find less than about 20 yards from where I parked a nice little lake.
-
And a gaggle of very aggressive wild geese honking and rushing towards me.
-
I thought to myself, "Well Crikey! Look at her. What a beauty. But she is being a little bit naughty." Minus the deadly barb through my chest I sort of felt like I was Steve Irwin interacting with the wildlife.
-
(I'm not being rude about Steve. Honest. He was the greatest. And I think about him...)
-
I soon realized that in fact they were not being aggressive but instead very overtly friendly. I guess lots of people come in there and feed them, so they came in mass towards me hoping for a little hand out.
-
Once they realized I wasn’t going to feed them they just completely ignored me and settled in pigging out on the grass. They got within maybe 10 feet of me and just were not the least bit concerned about me.
-
One of them was obviously quite old and rather arthritic. Walked slowly and with an obvious limp, but was still getting around and still part of the group.
-
-