Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bindi's Tribute to her Dad

This is the full text of what Bindi Irvin said about her father Steve.

My daddy was my hero.
-
He was always there for me when I needed him.
-
He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all, he was fun.
-
I know that daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did.
-

He built a hospital to help animals, and he bought lots of land to give animals a safe place to live.
-

He took me and my brother and my mum with him all the time. We filmed together; caught crocodiles together; and loved being in the bush together.
-

I don’t want daddy’s passion to ever end. I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did.
-
I have the best daddy in the whole world; and I will miss him every day.
-

When I see a crocodile, I will always think of him, and I know that daddy made this zoo so everyone could come and learn to love all the animals.
-

Daddy made this place his whole life. Now it’s our turn to help daddy.
-

Thank you.
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-