Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Diana Gabaldon


I just bested a lifetime record for patience and taking my time to slowly enjoy a wonderful pleasure. In 2005 I had been living in Europe for close to 20 years. I bought the Diana Gabaldon book “A Breath of Snow and Ashes” published in the English language from the wonderful and enormous German bookstore in downtown Aachen, Germany. Maybe 200 – 300 yards from Charlemagne's cathedral which he built in the year 800 a.d.

Shortly thereafter I moved back to America. As I gradually plugged my way through this wonderful book I read many other books. Sometimes it is a real treat treat to just drag it out. But I've never lasted anywhere near this long. As long as you have not actually finished a book, in your mind it is an ongoing story. So Jaime and Claire have been a part of my life for many years now.

Today I finished this wonderful book. I guess it must be the sixth in the Outlander series. I have the next book on hand just waiting, so tomorrow I'll start it. With this leukemia advancing much more rapidly now, I don't plan to drag this next book out. I'll just enjoy the pleasure of immersing myself in their lives.

-
-
-
-
-[