Thursday, August 26, 2010

Muslims

I lived in Europe for almost twenty years. I was the General Manager of the European Division of a food processing company. I got to know many Muslims. My friend Mohamed lived in Brussels and Mustafa lived in the southern part of Holland. Camara was from Senegal, and others were from northern Iraq, Morocco, and Afghanistan.

What I found is that most of the Muslims who I felt the most comfortable with almost never entered a mosque. Same with my Jewish friends. Their Mom may have been Jewish, but it had now been many years since they stepped inside of a synagogue. The same applies with the Christians. Most were highly secular and only saw the inside of church if someone died, if then.

It is not being a racist to say that in the twenty first century religious fanatics make me feel really uncomfortable. I find them ignorant, deluded, and frankly not very bright.

So it is not racism that makes me keep saying that Islam is defective and dangerous; it is my secular beliefs talking. And in America the same freedom of religion which allows these poor, fanatical, confused people to believe in talking snakes also allows me to openly not believe in any of these screwed up organized religions.

-
-
-
-
-