Monday, August 02, 2010

Forcing People To Buy Health Insurance

Let me begin by saying that I think everyone in America should have full access to the health care system. Even visitors and illegals. The poor should receive just as good a health treatment as the wealthy. I was and still am deeply offended by Obama dismissing “single payer” and the “vigorous government option.”

But how would we pay for this you ask? By slashing expenditures on intelligence gathering and the military. A fifty to sixty percent cut should do the job nicely.

I do have genuine misgivings about making it a federal law that all Americans must purchase health insurance from a private company. I am also required by law to have liability insurance on my car; but I can choose to not do so. All I have to do is quit driving a motor vehicle.

I sincerely believe in the idea of universal health care, but this is not what Obama was aiming for. His goal was cost containment.

-
-
-
-
-